How long must I use my anti-psoriasis treatment?
Most likely indefinitely. Psoriasis cannot be cured, it can only be controlled. You should therefore consider these options:
– do nothing about it and continue as you are in your present condition.
– ask your dermatologist to prescribe medications and/or treatments which keep the psoriasis in remission as long as possible.
– consider changing your lifestyle to eliminate excess protein, smoking, alcohol, etc. Add vitamin/herbal supplements, sun bathing (unless using coal tar products!), ocean swimming (salt water baths) etc.
– vary your medications and treatment methods so your body does not get used to one method and develop a resistance to it.
– initially use an aggressive treatment to clear your skin. Then, after your skin is clear, implement a daily maintenance regimen with safe products. Ask us or go here to select your options.